Sunday, February 21, 2010

Supergirl #50

I like this issue. Not because it's any good because, by god, it's not. I like it because it lets me know it's okay. It's okay not to buy every comic that has a number in a red shield on the cover. I probably won't miss too much. It's okay to not buy every comic with "Super" in the title. They're probably not all necessary anyway. It's okay to not buy Supergirl because she is, after all, just a girl. Okay so that's not right.

I actually do like Supergirl, and I've liked the last several issues of the title. Just not this one. Cliff Chiang draws awesome, though, and I'd love to see him on regular cover/interior art duties. Everything else here feels a little disjointed and uneventful. Which is weird, because flipping through again, I see lots of explosive & gory events. Oh well, flat to me. The Superfamily space saga has been going on so long now, individual issues don't really stand out to me. This one doesn't. But it's okay!

No comments:

Post a Comment