Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Green Arrow and Black Canary #29

The "Five Stages" arc with Cupid & Dark Arrow concludes here. Got a little stale for me. I kind of wish this title was handled more like Daredevil over at Marvel - Ollie's always seemed a little goofy to me, so I'd either like to see him channeling badass Matt Murdock, or prancing around like his Brave and the Bold cartoon counterpart. The tone right now isn't serious enough to be truly exciting nor sharp enough to be truly witty. So no shocks & no funnies, for the most part. Although Ollie pins Cupid's hand to dam with an arrow, so it's got that.

And it's got Sienkiewicz! He handles the finishes over Norton's layouts. His inks are fucking dazzling, even though the action is mostly ho-hum. Well, except for the aforementioned arrow-to-the-hand bit, there's always that. I would love to see Sienkiewicz go balls out with his own layouts. I feel like he doesn't do so much. What the fuck, Bill?

No comments:

Post a Comment