Friday, February 12, 2010

Red Robin #9

Weee! I love this book. Except for the Red Robin title and costume. I mean I get why Tim is rocking the moniker, but I can't wait until he gets his own identity. How fucking cool was Nightwing? Tim needs that.

Chris Yost does a really nice job with Tim's voice - he's sensitive without being a giant vagina & he's flippant and witty without being a Peter Parker knock-off. I also appreciate how Yost is handling Tim's relationships. He's really just a kid, so his friendships past and present kind of define his entire character. I guess you could say the same for anyone, but Tim has grown up, and is growing up, entirely around superheroes. He's a great counterpoint to Damian.

I dunno who actually handles the pencils - cover says Bachs, interior says To - but I like'em. McCarthy inks & Major colors. They three make cute Kryptonian puppies and pretty boy hair. Make a pretty new costume for Tim! And aawww, Tim and Conner hug! Wow. I am a giant vagina. But aawww!

No comments:

Post a Comment