Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Batgirl #7

So good! Bryan Q. Miller has a sure command over the individual personalities of the Bat clan, and the guy has a delightful sense of humor. There's such a pleasant, casual, easy flow to his dialogue. I love how Barbara and Dick are playing mom & pop - or at least big sister & brother - to Stephanie and Damian, who exchange witty banter as they frolic through Gotham's underbelly.

I'm also really enjoying the art by Garbett, Scott, and Major. They have a playful touch to match the tone of the book, and they do a nice job with the action scenes that dominate the plot. I particularly like the panels with Dick flitting away from a bombed Devil's Square & Phosphorus choking Dick (there's probably a way to write 'Dick flitting' & 'choking Dick' without sounding dirty, but why?). Also, Damian always reminds me of Watterson's Calvin, a similarity which I find endlessly entertaining. He's totally a member of G.R.O.S.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment