Saturday, February 6, 2010

Jonah Hex #52


Hex wrassles a gator! Bernet is a great artist. Gray & Palmiotti continue to be a great team. And Bernet is a great artist! Hex looks a little Clint Eastwood here, and the plot actually reminds me of an Eastwood flick whose title I don't remember - he gets shot with an arrow and coaches his traveling companion, who I believe is a nun, through its extraction. With a whiskey bottle. And fire. Surgery is less exciting in this comic, but still. Brings me back.

Gray & Palmiotti manage consistently to write throwback Westerns that are vaguely moral without being sickeningly saccharine. Just sickening. I feel like if I ever impregnate my life partner & she spawns me a son, I shall forgo traditional fathering and entrust his development to the manly lessons learned in this book. Hex kills a kid with a rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment