Sunday, February 27, 2011

Fantastic Four #588

Jonathan Hickman – writer
Nick Dragotta – arter
Paul Mounts – colorer
Rus Wooton – letterer (and producer?)
Alan Davis, Mark Farmer & Javier Rodriguez – coverers
Lauren Sankovitch – associate editor
Tom Brevoort – editor
Marvel Comics – publisher

How did I get here? I swear I used to like this. I swear this used to be good. (That was dick.) 

But no! This is wrong! This is false and cheap and kinda pretentious!

The death of the Human fucking Torch has less of an impact than that of Marla what’s-her-name? The Human fucking Torch is dead? So sloppy & unnecessary. 

Although how badass is Valeria Richards? That Kill Annihilus sequence is wicked cool. And part of me (the part of me that loves such movies as Dirty Dancing) thinks it’s totally boss that Doom shows up at the funeral.

But really?

And Spider-Man joins up now. I suppose that sorta makes sense and sorta works out considering their history together, but Spider-Man is irreverent and quippy and Human Torch is/was irreverent and quippy, so why bother?

But Spidey bums a buck from Franklin for a wiener and that’s cutesy and I’ll buy the next fucking issue.

Such a vagina.

No comments:

Post a Comment