Monday, February 21, 2011

The Bee’s Knees: I Bought These on February 16

Tiny Titans #37 
Art Baltazar – writer & artist
Franco – writer
Kristy Quinn – editor
DC Comics – publisher

Tiny Titans is the most huggable comic on the stands, month in and month out. You should read it whilst lying on the floor, belly down, feet up. Then you should giggle and clap and do little air kicks. I mean that’s how I do it & look how happy and successful I am.

So the Shazam fam comes to town, Psimon wants a costume, and the Pet Club practices sleepytime. Hugs! And kisses!

Deadpool MAX #5 
David Lapham – writer
Kyle Baker – artist
Clayton Cowles – letterer
Sebastian Girner – editor
Marvel Comics – publisher

It makes sense that Deadpool is such a popular character now, right? I mean he’s got the wit & charm of Spider-Man, the nigh invincibility of Superman, the combat prowess of Batman, and the tortured & fractured psyche of Wolverine. Right? Who gives a fuck, Lapham & Baker make him good.

So Wade Wilson (…and the alliterative name!) confronts some reverse Oedipusm from surrogate mamma Taskmaster. An eyeball gets whipped the fuck out of its socket! (funnily enough, when I checked on how to spell Oedipusm, turns out it’s not a word, but Oedipism is & it refers to self-inflicted enucleation, so I went with fake word Oedipusm, but how odd) And Bob is being set up! Weeee!

  Uncanny X-Force #5 
Rick Remender – writer
Esad Ribic – penciller
John Lucas – inker
Matt Wilson – colorer
Esad Ribic - coverer
Cory Petit – letterer
Jared K. Fletcher – designer
Jody Leheup – editor
Marvel Comics - publisher
*too many fucking entities contributed to the creation of this comic

I can’t believe I buy two monthlies starring Deadpool. And I really can’t believe they're probably the best two monthlies I buy from Marvel. That’s like the cool thing to say now, right? I can’t believe blah blah Deadpool blah blah? Whatever, I’m down.

So Fantomex was born in The World (which is different from, you know, the world) & the pronounly confused creator of said World wants to destroy said Fantomex. And Deadpool is no kid-killer, motherfucker! But the Deathlok Avengers are mommy-killers. So sad.

4 comments:

  1. You're the most huggable comic book blogger I know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg you killed my blog. my blog is dead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog! Looking forward to reading through it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey thanks! Four Colours & The Truth is delightful, dig the new look!

    ReplyDelete