Saturday, January 30, 2010

Justice League of America #41


I'm generally not a fan of Bagley's work. To me, it's the art equivalent of bubblegum pop music. I guess it has a sort of generic mass appeal, but it's flat & lacks personality. The script is unfortunately a perfect partner here. There has to be a better way to introduce a new team lineup than having the welcome wagon flit around soap-boxing & brandishing stylized letters.

I've enjoyed Robinson's writing on the Superman books so far - it's certainly not going to go down in the annals of history as one of the great Superman runs, but it's entertaining & different enough to keep me reading - but his JLA is killing me. Despite the promise of a more classic lineup, my excitement has pretty much bottomed out. I'm a sucker, so I'll probably stick around for another issue or two just to see what Robinson does with the book once the team is actually together, but beyond the weak promise of a brighter future, there's nothing but flaccidity in what should be DC's flagship title.

No comments:

Post a Comment